ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (221/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
I might actually re-enable the update service one machine at a time to see what happens... 🤞
-wraith808 (December 10, 2018, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have it on only 1 desktop now, they haven't sent it to the other machine yet. So, you may have to wait to get it on the machine you enable(both computers have update enabled).

Deozaan:
Microsoft finally decided to grace my PC with their October update.

I'm currently running 1809 OS Build 17763.168. Updating worked without issue, and everything seems to be running fine for me. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (December 10, 2018, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think this is related to the 1809 update, but I suffered a BSOD yesterday and afterwards my computer would not boot and all my attempts to "repair" the issue would not resolve it. So I made a backup of the important files, wiped my OS drive and reinstalled Windows 10 from the only installation media I had.

Which means I'm back on 1803 (build 17134.471) until Windows update decides to send 1809 my way once again.

rgdot:
1809 done today on one laptop, so far no issues, fingers crossed

IainB:
@rgdot:
-rgdot (December 13, 2018, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha. :D    Made me LOL.
In my years of implementing conventional 3-tier client-server networks and thin client (Citrix) server farms (all Windows-based), it would have been verboten to suggest "fingers crossed" as being a passable/acceptable implementation risk management strategy!
Yet the reality would seem to be that that is exactly what Microsoft are implicitly/tacitly expecting users to do.    :o

MilesAhead:
@rgdot:
-rgdot (December 13, 2018, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha. :D    Made me LOL.
In my years of implementing conventional 3-tier client-server networks and thin client (Citrix) server farms (all Windows-based), it would have been verboten to suggest "fingers crossed" as being a passable/acceptable implementation risk management strategy!
Yet the reality would seem to be that that is exactly what Microsoft are implicitly/tacitly expecting users to do.    :o
-IainB (December 13, 2018, 06:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe we should create a statue of the W10 Logo and slaughter a calf?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version