ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (209/253) > >>

4wd:
Did it a couple of weeks ago, Win7Pro x64 -> Win10Pro x64 - worked without a problem.

Deozaan:
Did it a couple of weeks ago, Win7Pro x64 -> Win10Pro x64 - worked without a problem.
-4wd (June 25, 2018, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice. I thought I tried it earlier this year and it didn't work, but maybe I didn't actually follow through with trying and just gave up when I read that the free upgrade through the Get Windows 10 app had ended.

Deozaan:
I see now what the problem was from the last time I tried it.

I attempted it again last night and it didn't work. Then I tried again, doing something slightly different and got it to work.

It seems my Windows 7 ISO is old and doesn't include SP1. And you can't upgrade your activation if you don't have Windows 7 SP1 or newer.

So I had to track down network drivers (which was an ordeal in and of itself) and install SP1 through Windows Update before upgrading to Windows 10.

Now my device is activated with Windows 10! :Thmbsup:

Incidentally: Anyone have a link to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO with SP1?

Curt:
Incidentally: a link to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO with SP1
-Deozaan (June 26, 2018, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

>>> http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-7.shtml

CLICK THE TOP LINE ("Standalone"), when you reach the page identical to this screenshot:
Windows 10 Announced

Deozaan:
Thanks. But this appears to be just the SP1 update to be installed on top of an existing Windows 7 installation. I guess there isn't any Windows 7 installation media that comes with SP1 included?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version