ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (207/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

5 tips to prepare your PC for Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Windows 10 Announced

A look at what the Windows 10 April 2018 update brings

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 Meltdown Patch Has 'Fatal Flaw,' Update Now

Looks like the next Patch Tuesday will be more like Repave Tuesday.

Windows 10 Announced

5 ways Edge is better with Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

First try: online through Windows Update. Froze with black screen at ~40%. Rebooted and it restarted with the original Windows OK.

Went to Windows Update and shut down the new download. Then downloaded the disk image and burned it to disk.(I'm sure some people would have wanted it to be at the stake).

Shut down computer(only way to unplug external disks safely), then restarted and shut down(paused) antiviruses including Windows Defender(which was already off) and exited all other taskbar programs.

Started Update disk, but it did nothing so I ended it with Task Manager. I had lost my internet connection so I unplugged and reinserted the USB cable to the wi-fi adapter. Got the internet back and when I restarted the Setup with internet, it got going.

No problems and it restarted at 87%. That restarted again at 30%. A momentary blanking at 43% and the 3rd restart at 75% which continued without errors and restarted me into the new version with tedious intro texts. No problems after that and all my programs were still there(Classic Shell did have to re-configure for the new OS). I reconnected the UPS and restarted the antiviruses, the got a screenshot of the new version with winver and came here.

Deozaan:
I updated two computers without issue the other day through Windows Update in the Settings menu. :Thmbsup:

Arizona Hot:
I updated two computers without issue the other day through Windows Update in the Settings menu. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (May 08, 2018, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Let's hope that everyone else has no problems also. I went to an extreme because of problems during the previous update. That computer died in the shop, so it may not have been an Update problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version