ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (197/253) > >>

Deozaan:
Thanks, but the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant doesn't seem to do anything. It just says this:

Windows 10 Announced

(It actually does create a bunch of files at C:\Windows10Upgrade, and a shortcut on the desktop, but then it just shows what's in the image above.)

But I'm still not on the Fall Creators Update:

Windows 10 Announced

Anyone got a direct link to an ISO? Or a hash of the Windows 10 Pro x64 1709 ISO?

I did a search for and downloaded the Media Creation Tool, but it doesn't indicate which version of Windows 10 it is downloading for me.

I went ahead and used the tool to download an image and installed it to a VM to find out what version it was and it's 1703 Build 15063.0 :(

rgdot:
Are we talking about the soon to be released Fall Creators? Why would the 'regular' (not that there is another kind that I know of) upgrade assistant update to an unreleased version? Last I read it was October 17th ...

Deozaan:
Are we talking about the soon to be released Fall Creators? Why would the 'regular' (not that there is another kind that I know of) upgrade assistant update to an unreleased version? Last I read it was October 17th ...
-rgdot (October 11, 2017, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point. Because Microsoft confusingly named them both the Creators Update, I failed to realize that Arizona Hot's link wasn't about the Fall Creators Update.

Deozaan:
Microsoft's website has been updated to say the Fall Creators Update is available now.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm downloading (what I hope is) the Fall Creators Update now. :Thmbsup:

EDIT: It worked. I'm currently getting things set up again after a fresh install with 1709 Build 16299.19. :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Ath:
Well, very nice how the automatic update to Win10 FCU went this time (no recovery needed, au contraire to previous large Win10 updates :tellme:), downloaded and installed in a little over an hour or so. And all is mostly working fine after the update.

Just 1 major glitch though: My installed, and fully up to date, Avast AV (free) was completely uninstalled, without any notice whatsoever :o :down:. Reinstalled it, of course had to re-configure disabling some silly/undesirable defaults, and all is fine again, but as previously stated, it would have been quite helpful if the Windows Update tool had reported that the original AV was removed in the process, and why. But it didn't >:(

Thanks but no thanks, Microsoft. >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version