ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (190/253) > >>

Deozaan:
Which programs would benefit from that (especially keyboard) improvement. I am not a regular windows 10 user but the times I have used it I have not come across a place where that benefits me (I haven't turned it off). Is it Office? Edge? or?
-rgdot (March 25, 2017, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have to think of it from the "Windows 10 on all the devices" perspective. Doesn't really help much in a traditional desktop, except if you include voice recognition to help Cortana understand you. But once you start adding touch screen devices where you're likely to use an on-screen keyboard or a stylus to write with, and it will learn how you type so it can suggest spelling corrections or just do general prediction of what word(s) you're likely to use next, or it will learn what your handwriting looks like so it can convert your chicken scratch (if it's anything like mine) to real words.

I disabled Cortana and told Windows 10 not to try to improve my keyboard whatever. But like wraith808, I did that Back in 2015 when Windows 10 first launched and haven't had to worry about it since.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Microsoft's latest Cumulative Update.

Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11

Any Microsoft Insiders interested in this upcoming offering?

Deozaan:
Any Microsoft Insiders interested in this upcoming offering?
-Arizona Hot (April 01, 2017, 10:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if I'll be using (m)any of the new features of the Creators Update, but I'm looking forward to having it on my machine because of what it paves the way for in the future (e.g., delta updates).

Deozaan:
I used the Media Creation Tool to create a USB installation media and used that to update my copy of Windows to the Creators Update. It took about an hour to install the update (not counting the time it took to creation the installation media) and worked without a hitch.

I'm currently on Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.0), but already some more updates are downloading. I guess that's what happens when you disable the "Download Updates" option before installing it.

Windows 10 Announced

EDIT: After the updates finished installing I'm now on 15063.13.

Windows 10 Announced

Deozaan:
I found this to be a decent overview of the major new features of the Creators Update:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version