ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (189/253) > >>

dr_andus:
Windows 10 is recording everything you type - here's how to stop Microsoft tracking you | Daily Star

It's emerged that Microsoft's latest computer friendly operating system has been recording everything you've typed since it first launched without you knowing.

That means everything from your boring work documents to your private emails, via that occasional smutty instant message to your partner, has been tracked.

More than that, if you've made voice searches, all of your vocal commands and message dictations have been recorded too.
--- End quote ---

Although you can opt out of the feature in Settings, worryingly with every major Windows 10 update released, it's claimed that Microsoft has reset the feature to on as default.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
Got any links for that from a more reputable source?  They might be right, but the Daily Star is pretty much a tabloid, which makes me default to sensationalism.

Deozaan:
Doesn't this go without saying? How else can they "improve your typing/voice recognition" or keyboard suggestions? Google does the same with with the Google Keyboard (Gboard?) on Android devices, as well as with the voice searches.

wraith808:
Doesn't this go without saying? How else can they "improve your typing/voice recognition" or keyboard suggestions? Google does the same with with the Google Keyboard (Gboard?) on Android devices, as well as with the voice searches.
-Deozaan (March 25, 2017, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that what is being said in that article, however, is even if you opt out, they're still doing it.  Either against your wishes, or changing the setting every update.  Mine is off.  And I haven't even looked at it since I installed.  But, they get around that by saying 'claimed'.

rgdot:
Seriouis question: Which programs would benefit from that (especially keyboard) improvement. I am not a regular windows 10 user but the times I have used it I have not come across a place where that benefits me (I haven't turned it off). Is it Office? Edge? or?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version