ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (174/253) > >>

wraith808:
... and it wouldn't let me give it a window of more than 12 hours, ...-wraith808 (October 02, 2016, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, annoyed me too but it did say that it will check to see if the computer is being used if outside that 12 hour window.

Then, when it started, it had removed/blocked my displayfusion.  And put up some BS FUD about it might damage my computer.
--- End quote ---

I didn't get that, DF continued to work without a problem, ClassicShell upgraded itself to cope with the new updates.
-4wd (October 02, 2016, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was actually able to get it to run.  And the thing that bothered me about the check for activity, is that it takes 90 mins+ to install.  Just because I went upstairs to get coffee, I wouldn't be ready to install.

And they installed skype, and made it front and center.

Deozaan:
I got the dreaded update 14393.222 which I've heard has had lots of reports of breaking things for many people. It all seemed to upgrade without any problems for me. And I've never had a problem with an update breaking/blocking DisplayFusion.

But yes, I was also miffed about not being able to select more than 12 hours as my "active" hours. :down:

wraith808:
And, apparently there is a problem with a piece of software that I've never had a problem with before.

Rocksmith 2014 has worked fine for me since win 10 came out.  After the update, whenever I exit normally, it kills the video, and doesn't come back.  In order to get out of it, I have to either do a hard reboot, ctrl+alt+del and down arrow and enter to log out, or alt tab instead of exiting, and kill the process (that last one is what I'm going to do if it works).

And I'm not the only one...

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/4z3ak7/crash_to_black_screen_on_exit_with_windows_10/

Curt:
"Vanilla = having no special or extra features; ordinary or standard"

Is anyone here really happy with vanilla Windows 10?-exjoburger (September 26, 2016, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

^You know what, I have NEVER thought of that question before!

Is not half The Meaning Of Life, to look for addons and extensions for your computer? Well, is not the very purpose of DonationCoder's forum to debate, create and refine such applications? Then, Happy us! In such an alienated world, where people suffer from loneliness and isolation: We have an operating system that makes it easy to find someone else with the same problem as we ourselves have. Wow! Hurrah for vanilla Windows 10! It has been making me so many friends from all over the world. Thank you, Microsoft!
 8)

tomos:
^ ;D :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version