ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (168/253) > >>

Deozaan:
You can change some of the settings straight from the Windows 10 bootloader by pressing the "change settings & other options" text at the bottom of the screen. I just adjusted it so that it automatically boots after 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

Oddly enough, I ran msconfig and it doesn't show any other bootable OSes aside from Windows 10, even though the Windows 10 bootloader always gives me an option.

app103:
msconfig in Win10 will only show you Windows versions, and only ones that don't use a boot.ini file. That means only Vista+. The older versions will still be available and show on the bootloader menu, but I am unsure if it only shows them all as a single entry of "older windows version" and just hands off to the old boot.ini if you select it, and you then get hit with another menu listing each OS listed in the old boot.ini, or if it will list each older windows version from that file individually. And I will probably never know, unless I am willing to wipe the whole thing and start over, installing more old outdated crap than I could possibly ever need.

Ultimately, what I would like to do is add Xubuntu to the Win10 boot loader menu and have that menu be the default.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

20 fixes for a Windows 10 update meltdown

I would like to find out if anyone here finds this article to be of any help.

IainB:
^^ Thanks. Working through it slowly now...

Arizona Hot:
I saw in my Notifications window that there was an Update that wanted to reboot, so because I thought it was the Anniversary Update, I backed up Windows using System Restore, Paragon Backup and Recovery 14 Free and System GoBack Free. Afterwards when I used winver I found out it wasn't v. 1607.

Windows 10 Announced

I checked Update history to find out what kind of Update it was since it wasn't the 600 pound gorilla I expected and found out it was just a v. 1511 Cumulative Update, but there was a button at the bottom offering the Anniversary Update. I was prepared for this, so I took the plunge and clicked the button.
4 hours later, I emerged relatively unscathed(sure Classic Shell didn't work, but after I went to the site and downloaded and installed the latest version(which they said worked with that update) I was back to normal).

Windows 10 Announced

Also I just got the notification that Malwarebytes just updated it's virus signatures so that is still working also. I activated Windows Defender(it said that another program(ESET NOD32) was being used so it would just be scanning periodically), so now I have 3 programs protecting my computer. Stupidity can still emerge triumphant, but I have 3 layers of protection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version