ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (167/253) > >>

Deozaan:
That makes it then a triple boot setup  :P
-Shades (August 05, 2016, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. :Thmbsup:

But somehow the grub bootloader only shows Mint and Windows. Then, if I select Windows, I get a Windows bootloader which allows me to choose between Windows and Remix OS.

app103:
But somehow the grub bootloader only shows Mint and Windows. Then, if I select Windows, I get a Windows bootloader which allows me to choose between Windows and Remix OS.
-Deozaan (August 05, 2016, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is exactly how it works on my multi-boot system, too. Grub shows Xubuntu and Windows 10, then if you select Windows 10, you get the Windows bootloader with Windows 10 and the other 2 options that were installed prior to my installing Windows 10 (XP & Win7).

I'd say that in my case, Linux is definitely at an advantage here, giving me more incentive to break away from using Windows, by choosing the fastest loading option. The whole setup makes it a royal pain to want to boot up into anything other than Xubuntu. Takes too long just to select anything else!

wraith808:
I used to have that problem- it was solved by removing the other options.  If windows senses others installed, it shows you that bootloader menu.  Unfortunately, I forget how I got the others to not show up.

app103:
I used to have that problem- it was solved by removing the other options.  If windows senses others installed, it shows you that bootloader menu.  Unfortunately, I forget how I got the others to not show up.
-wraith808 (August 06, 2016, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

EasyBCD?

wraith808:
No, it was something simple that didn't require any sort of software.

I see you can do it by using bcdedit from the commandline, or even easier, you can do it from msconfig.  The way I did it involved editing a file, but I don't remember what it was.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2288-windows-boot-manager-delete-listed-operating-system.html

UPDATE: I remembered right after I posted this - manually edit the boot.ini file.  I don't think you can do that as easily now.  You have to use bcdedit, or msconfig.

http://best-windows.vlaurie.com/boot-ini.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version