ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (163/253) > >>

Curt:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10 using a USB or DVD, you can use the media creation tool below to create your own installation media
--- End quote ---

modified:
-oh, I came in second! Well, the chances of getting the installer have doubled

Deozaan:
I want to do a clean install of Windows 10-Asudem (June 24, 2016, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 10 comes with a "Clean Install" option in the settings:

Windows 10 Announced

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Microsoft backs off click-the-X trick in Windows 10 upgrade pitch

Windows 10 Announced

Microsoft offers glimpse into Windows 10 free upgrade

Curt:
just for your information:

Hurry! Free upgrade offer to Windows 10 ends in 28 days, 22 hours, 41 minutes, 49 seconds . Upgrade today>-Microsoft
--- End quote ---

questorfla:
This might have been answered somewhere in the thread, but I'm in a little predicament here...

Made the switch from 7 to 10 and it's just about the best upgrade I've ever done... however over the weekend I accidentally shorted a USB port and now I am getting many BSODs, random ones at that. I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 but have no idea how to get an installer without purchasing Windows 10 outright. I remember reading something about using my old Windows 7 key to get an installer?

-Asudem (June 24, 2016, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just happened to see this floating through and wish you luck.  Inmost systems I have dealt with lately the USB ports are daisy chained.  Shorting one shorted all for a given controller.  Desktops with 2 usb2 and 2 usb 3 I lost bioth usb2 at the same time when one shorted . 
But the worst part is that the 5 Vdc  is a common lead for all USB ports in that area. I had to unplug the cables going to the bad port to get the USB 3 ports to work properly.  I would think it likely the BSOD's could be from an erratic or low voltage issue if you have not completely disconnected the shorted port from the system.  I agree with Shades on that point 100%

Did not read enough to know if this is laptop or desktop?  But I can tell you that there are other ways to install Win10 even if you have no USB and no CD/DVD etc.  Do you have an SD Chip slot?

Anyway, depending on how long you have had 10 installed, MS may have already recorded the licensing.  I have been successful in loading  Win10 from an ESD image with no license at all.  As soon as it connected to the web, it authenticated itself with MS servers.
I usually do not even leave the original UEFI bios intact opting for the Legacy instead but taking that route is different for every system.  Something not advised unless you are into playing with places best not messed with.

If you haven't already figured it out, give me a shout and I may be able to help.   I had to convert close to 80 old windows 7/windows 8/window 8.1 laptops and desktops here at the office when 10 first came out.  Some of them I would have bet money would never run on Win10 at all but they all did :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version