ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (161/253) > >>

MilesAhead:
it's tempting to have a dig at MS there. Although my problem is mainly with this very persistent adware on Windows 7 that's trying to get me to update to 10 . . .
-tomos (June 18, 2016, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess it depends on whose crap is being flushed!!

Hmmm, whatever happened to good old vaporware?  It didn't cost anything or take up any storage.  And it never crashed!!

Arizona Hot:
This afternoon Win 10 got buggy.  Classic Shell didn't supress live tiles, the task bar could only be black, the start menu was flat and you could only have one window open at a time. I was able to get rid of this using System Restore. I hope this wasn't a bad update.

Windows 10 Announced

Deozaan:
Did you accidentally enable Tablet mode? Or accidentally enable full-screen Start Menu? (Or maybe the update changed your setting to a full screen Start?)

Arizona Hot:
Did you accidentally enable Tablet mode? Or accidentally enable full-screen Start Menu? (Or maybe the update changed your setting to a full screen Start?)
-Deozaan (June 21, 2016, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think so. I was browsing normally when suddenly Win 10 changed. I rebooted several times, and got the start menu back but everything else was still so unworkable that I used System Restore. Let me know how to enable tablet mode and I will let you know if I did that. I doubt it though.

4wd:
Hah!  Just got an email this morning from Microsoft:

Windows 10 Announced

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version