ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (159/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
burnt cornflake
-Stoic Joker (June 16, 2016, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D  Is that your term?  Or an actual term?
-wraith808 (June 16, 2016, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's from the old expression: I feel like the one burnt cornflake on the bottom of the cereal box of life.

So it's me euphemistically trying to imply something without actually saying it. What's that Irish phrase they're currently in hot water for at the UN - Surely you know for yourself! - It's kinda like that. :D

wraith808:
burnt cornflake
-Stoic Joker (June 16, 2016, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D  Is that your term?  Or an actual term?
-wraith808 (June 16, 2016, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's from the old expression: I feel like the one burnt cornflake on the bottom of the cereal box of life.

So it's me euphemistically trying to imply something without actually saying it. What's that Irish phrase they're currently in hot water for at the UN - Surely you know for yourself! - It's kinda like that. :D
-Stoic Joker (June 16, 2016, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got it just from context.  It just seemed cool :)  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
I got it just from context.  It just seemed cool
-wraith808 (June 16, 2016, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried looking it up in the Urban Dictionary. There are some alternative definitions there that may generate a laugh or two.  One in particular I don't even want to paraphrase here.  Let's just say I laughed out loud even though I am sitting in a library(shhhh!)  :)

wraith808:
I got it just from context.  It just seemed cool
-wraith808 (June 16, 2016, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried looking it up in the Urban Dictionary. There are some alternative definitions there that may generate a laugh or two.  One in particular I don't even want to paraphrase here.  Let's just say I laughed out loud even though I am sitting in a library(shhhh!)  :)

-MilesAhead (June 16, 2016, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm personally afraid of the urban dictionary after a few encounters.  Things I never wanted to know, and hope were jokes.

MilesAhead:
'm personally afraid of the urban dictionary after a few encounters.  Things I never wanted to know, and hope were jokes.
-wraith808 (June 16, 2016, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if this definition was a joke.  But it was bizarre enough to make me laugh.  While I was there I also found out a "corn flake" is a synonym for cracka' or redneck.  I wonder what it means if they call you a corn check?  A Central European Cracka' maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version