ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (148/253) > >>

Deozaan:
On second thought, I think I needed to install some .NET updates from Windows update before the GWX updater would work for me without just closing immediately. But this was on a fresh Windows 7 install. I'd expect Windows 8.1 to have most of the more recent .NET packages/updates.

Still, it's worth a try.

4wd:
On second thought, I think I needed to install some .NET updates from Windows update before the GWX updater would work for me without just closing immediately. But this was on a fresh Windows 7 install. I'd expect Windows 8.1 to have most of the more recent .NET packages/updates.-Deozaan (January 11, 2016, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does it for me on one of my Windows 8.1 Pro machines.  This machine I previously upgraded to 10 Pro but then found that a USB TV Tuner didn't work, so restored an image of the drive.

Now that I have a solution for the hardware I told it a few times to Start Download, Upgrade Later but all it ever does is go to Windows Update and grab the latest Defender definitions - no sign of it downloading the upgrade at all.

I'll probably have to upgrade it via ISO.

tomos:
On second thought, I think I needed to install some .NET updates from Windows update before the GWX updater would work for me without just closing immediately. But this was on a fresh Windows 7 install. I'd expect Windows 8.1 to have most of the more recent .NET packages/updates.-Deozaan (January 11, 2016, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does it for me on one of my Windows 8.1 Pro machines.  This machine I previously upgraded to 10 Pro but then found that a USB TV Tuner didn't work, so restored an image of the drive.

Now that I have a solution for the hardware I told it a few times to Start Download, Upgrade Later but all it ever does is go to Windows Update and grab the latest Defender definitions - no sign of it downloading the upgrade at all.

I'll probably have to upgrade it via ISO.
-4wd (January 11, 2016, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didnt check what NET is installled, but threw everything windows update had to offer at it (except the malicious tool :p).
Tried again (update now) and it went to Windows Update and offered 10 -- is now updating :up:

Arizona Hot:
^Tomos, Did you get this update?

Windows 10 Announced

tomos:
Tried again (update now) and it went to Windows Update and offered 10 -- is now updating :up:
-tomos (January 12, 2016, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, that didnt work in the end. I tried again today with download and update later and now have Windows 10 running (yah!)
It's only just installed, so cant say a lot, but:

# I didnt see any option given during install to delete files -- it kept (almost) all software but seems to have removed some user data:
PaleMoon bookmarks are gone, but History is still there

# OS build is 10586.63

# I cant AltTab to the desktop :(

# I think it looks great :up:

[edit] I'm pretty sure Windows said I would need to download a new language pack (it was originally a German lang. Win.8 that I had changed to English). But it remained in Englsih :up: [/edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version