ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (133/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I can confirm the CPU-Z disappearance, as it pulled mine ... However it did stop and tell me what it was doing when it did it.
-Stoic Joker (November 27, 2015, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

What exactly did it tell you?  I'm trying to see Microsoft's reasoning... and I just don't get it.
-wraith808 (November 27, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure how exact I can be, as I'd setoff the install and walked away. I just don't have the patience with progress bars that I used to.. IIRC when I was signing in for the first time, it popped up a message that said it was no longer compatible with 10 and had been removed.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

How Windows 10 Could Kill Passwords Forever

dr_andus:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

-Arizona Hot (December 01, 2015, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this more security or less security? It means someone could force you to log in against your will, by holding your face to the camera by force, which they couldn't do if you refused to give them the password.

MilesAhead:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

--- End quote ---

Is this more security or less security? It means someone could force you to log in against your will, by holding your face to the camera by force, which they couldn't do if you refused to give them the password.
-dr_andus (December 01, 2015, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Let's face it.  If someone is going to use brute force I am going to give them the password.  I forgot all my Green Beret training, having never been in the military.  But now that I think of it, I would rather tell someone the password rather than have them take my thumb or my face with them when they left.  It is still losing face, but at least not literally.   :Thmbsup:

dr_andus:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

--- End quote ---

-dr_andus (December 01, 2015, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Let's face it.  If someone is going to use brute force I am going to give them the password.  I forgot all my Green Beret training, having never been in the military.  But now that I think of it, I would rather tell someone the password rather than have them take my thumb or my face with them when they left.  It is still losing face, but at least not literally.   :Thmbsup:
-MilesAhead (December 01, 2015, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was thinking of extreme cases, where one would rather die than hand over access, such as when being captured by the enemy or protecting loved ones...

I wonder if the facial recognition software cares whether the face belongs to a person that is still alive... Or if it can tell if it's my twin brother, not me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version