ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (132/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Just did a clean load of 10586 and was pleasantly surprised (read shocked) to be prompted to create a local account by default. No mention of creating/using/enforcing a MS cloud account was to be seen.
-Stoic Joker (November 26, 2015, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

10586?  Ain't that there one of them new-fangled Pentup Frustration machines with built in FPU demanding virtual memory?  I didn't know MS took it over from Intel.  :)-MilesAhead (November 26, 2015, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

My we're feeling glib today... Yes I was rushing and meant Windows 10 build 10586. However your definition does have its merits.. :D

MilesAhead:
My we're feeling glib today... Yes I was rushing and meant Windows 10 build 10586. However your definition does have its merits.. :D

-Stoic Joker (November 26, 2015, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll say one thing for my Pentium III.  Maybe it only had 128 MB system ram but it never overheated like those Pentium 4s I bought for some reason that escapes me now.  :)

Jibz:
I don't know if there is any reality to this report, but the idea is certainly unpleasant:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/windows-10-s-fall-update-removes-user-installed-applications-without-asking.htm

Windows 10 users are reporting that programs they've installed have disappeared (apparently uninstalled) with the latest Windows 10 Fall update, including one case where the software that AMD's graphics cards depend on (AMD Catalyst Control Center) was uninstalled and replaced with Windows 10 graphics card drivers. The two other programs that have been mentioned as being uninstalled are CPU-Z and Speccy.
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
I can confirm the CPU-Z disappearance, as it pulled mine ... However it did stop and tell me what it was doing when it did it.

wraith808:
I can confirm the CPU-Z disappearance, as it pulled mine ... However it did stop and tell me what it was doing when it did it.
-Stoic Joker (November 27, 2015, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

What exactly did it tell you?  I'm trying to see Microsoft's reasoning... and I just don't get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version