ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (130/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Has anyone gotten today's update? I'm still waiting, and Windows Update says there are no new updates for me.Anyone know how to force Windows 10 to download the latest update (without joining Insider/fast ring program)?
-Deozaan (November 12, 2015, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

This article may answer the question.

Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10's Latest Update Will Be Delayed For Some Users, But There's A Fix - Forbes

Deozaan:
Has anyone gotten today's update? I'm still waiting, and Windows Update says there are no new updates for me. Anyone know how to force Windows 10 to download the latest update (without joining Insider/fast ring program)?
-Deozaan (November 12, 2015, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

This article may answer the question.
-Arizona Hot (November 12, 2015, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

The article says that if you've upgraded to Windows 10 within the last 31 days it won't install the update because it wants you to still have the opportunity to revert to your previous install within 30 days. That doesn't apply to me since I've had Windows 10 installed pretty much since the day it released. That said, it does have a tip on how to get the latest version anyway:

[H]ead over to the Windows 10 download page and hit the “upgrade” button. This will download Microsoft’s migration tool. While this might feel odd, this tool is prepped with the latest version of Windows 10, and will do an in-place upgrade of the OS for you. I haven’t updated my machine yet – although I plan to – but the process runs very much like a new install, so the usual disclaimer about making sure you have a good backup is relevant here.

This might seem a bit heavy-handed but the update does all of the same stuff when it arrives naturally, so it’s just a matter of hurrying the process along slightly.

The reason, apparently, for this is that Threshold is such a massive upgrade to the core of Windows 10 that it isn’t like a patch, or even a service pack. This is essentially a whole new version of Windows 10. This is, obviously somewhat backed up by Microsoft’s claim that Windows 10 would be the “last” version of Windows. Because of this, we won’t really see service packs any more, but just a new version of the OS. This makes some things a lot easier though, like installing Windows down the line without having to patch or slipstream the latest updates into your build.-http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2015/11/12/windows-10s-latest-update-will-be-delayed-for-some-users-but-theres-a-fix/
--- End quote ---

So, basically, just go to the normal Windows 10 Upgrade page and do an in-place upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10? Interesting...

Deozaan:
So, basically, just go to the normal Windows 10 Upgrade page and do an in-place upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10? Interesting...
-Deozaan (November 13, 2015, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did it and it worked just fine for me. :Thmbsup:

I'm now on Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3). Heh. It says (c) 2016.

Stoic Joker:
(Build 10586) New Email balloon messages are back! That was driving me nutz.

I'm not seeing anything new in the Get Control of Windows Updates department yet though ... I thought I'd seen something around here somewhere about a new business update - stop wrecking my Zen you stupid ape - option.

Update took an hour and a half.

Arizona Hot:
So, basically, just go to the normal Windows 10 Upgrade page and do an in-place upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10? Interesting...I did it and it worked just fine for me. I'm now on Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3). Heh. It says (c) 2016.
-Deozaan (November 13, 2015, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

How much do you think it is better. I think IE under Win 10 has a problem with website scripts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version