ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (129/253) > >>

tomos:
Is there by now an easy way to upgrade from a computer with OEM win8 pro to a clean install (not upgrade on top of win8) of win10 pro? I.e. extract a key from my win8, put a win10 iso on a USB, format the harddrive and then clean install win10. Has anyone here done it? Did you run into any issues?
-Nod5 (November 12, 2015, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not directly AFAIK -
see the linked dc thread (it is a couple of months old, so things *may* have changed since, but I dont think so)
Windows 10 Clean Install Instructions
Summary
you would have to do the upgrade in place, Windows 10 registers the hardware - you can then format and do a clean install. I *think* you then dont even need a key (but check that - is discussed in thread).

MilesAhead:
I am not sure if this is exactly the issue of product key clean install.  Perhaps it is relevant:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-to-allow-windows-10-activation-with-windows-7-8-1-keys-starting-november-495086.shtml

Deozaan:
Is there by now an easy way to upgrade from a computer with OEM win8 pro to a clean install (not upgrade on top of win8) of win10 pro? I.e. extract a key from my win8, put a win10 iso on a USB, format the harddrive and then clean install win10. Has anyone here done it? Did you run into any issues?
-Nod5 (November 12, 2015, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once this new update is out, you can perform a clean install and activate with a key from Win7 or Win8, rather than having to do an in-place upgrade over the old OS.

EDIT: Oops. I had written this a couple hours ago but forgot to push post, then got distracted doing other things. In the meantime there have been two other replies to you. :-[

Deozaan:
Has anyone gotten today's update? I'm still waiting, and Windows Update says there are no new updates for me.

Anyone know how to force Windows 10 to download the latest update (without joining Insider/fast ring program)?

IainB:
This gave me a bit of a surprise (CCleaner cleanup of Win10 + MS Edge 14Gb cache 2015-11-13):
(with thanks to @mouser for creating SC, which made the compound screen clipping easy)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version