ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (128/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Latest Windows 10 Insider build signals release of first update is imminent  Computerworld

dr_andus:
Dell, HP caught telling customers not to upgrade to Windows 10

It turns out the reason for that was because their after-sales tech support staff are clueless. I had a couple of negative experiences myself with Nuance and HP recently (not related to Win 10) and was even wondering why they bother to offer support service at all, as it reflects so badly on the brand.

The conclusion of the report is the same as it has been for years: never phone a computer manufacturer's tech support. The best way to find a solution to a problem is to search online on enthusiast sites populated by knowledgeable users as anywhere else is likely to lead to considerable delays and generic responses from poorly trained support staff.
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
Hmm, could it be a "cumulative update" is tantamount to what we called a service pack in the old days?  Back then there wasn't enough of a broadband customer base to "ship" it via internet. They used CDs.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Here comes the first major update to Windows 10 (Thursday)

Nod5:
Is there by now an easy way to upgrade from a computer with OEM win8 pro to a clean install (not upgrade on top of win8) of win10 pro? I.e. extract a key from my win8, put a win10 iso on a USB, format the harddrive and then clean install win10. Has anyone here done it? Did you run into any issues?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version