ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (124/253) > >>

MilesAhead:
You may well have hit the nail on the head there. Irrational (you used the euphemism "creative") behaviours induced by fear and panic
-IainB (October 17, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Especially with all the restructuring in Redmond this likely has a few orders of magnitude more impact than average.  Everybody is sweating the chop.  :)

Shades:
To get rid off the Windows 10 annoyances...

dr_andus:
To get rid off the Windows 10 annoyances...
-Shades (October 23, 2015, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

It would be nice to have a simple tool like that but there just isn't enough information on that site for me to put my trust into that provider.

I don't have a problem with them advertising or requiring an email in exchange for the free tool, but I'd just like to be sure this is not doing something sinister in the background or messing up my machine in some other unintended ways.

P.S. BTW, this is by no means to suggest that I don't trust your judgement, Shades, your contributions and help are much appreciated  :Thmbsup: I was just wondering if you have more info about the trustworthiness of this tool...

xtabber:
Woody Leonhard has been chronicling the development of a tool to stop Windows 10 "upgrades" in his InfoWorld blog.

I haven't tried it -- I don't trust Windows Update, so it has always been turned off on all my systems, but I would trust Woody's recommendation.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 Free Upgrade Rules Change, Surface Book Vs MacBook Pro And OEM Tensions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version