ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (122/253) > >>

dr_andus:
...why I always disable updates.
-MilesAhead (October 12, 2015, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I have to start doing that... Thanks.

In this regard my track record is much better than that of MS.
-Shades (October 12, 2015, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a good one!  ;)

there were options discussed in a Windows 10 Privacy thread -- how to block certain updates using a script. This post was about Windows 7 -- following posts may also be helpful!
-tomos (October 13, 2015, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that, I'll have to look into it. I want to remove all these Win10 files and updates. The problem is that MS is making me spending my time doing things I didn't want to spend time on. Why couldn't they just leave me alone? They are turning me from a happy Win7 customer (I just bought a Win7 laptop a few weeks ago) into a grumpy one... I must not be the only one...

Arizona Hot:
My Win 7 computer anti-virus system wanted me to update last night and because I saw the Win 10 update there, I was very careful not to get it. You have to uncheck the box in the Optional update section and right-click on it and choose "Hide" to be sure you don't get it. I stayed up late to monitor what got updated and was very vigilant and ready to stop such a update if it popped up. It is nice to know that all that effort wasn't for nothing.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced     

Big Microsoft Trade-In Deal Gets Users Windows 10 For Less                 

With the preceding uproar still in mind, is anyone interested in this offer?

ewemoa:
Wouldn't you have to load it into a VM anyway?  I never hears of Windows running directly on Macs.
-MilesAhead (October 08, 2015, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

May be I misunderstood, but isn't BootCamp one way to run a variety of Windows OS' on Macs?

Deozaan:
Big Microsoft Trade-In Deal Gets Users Windows 10 For Less

With the preceding uproar still in mind, is anyone interested in this offer?-Arizona Hot (October 14, 2015, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was seriously considering it when I thought I could trade in my aging netbook. But though it doesn't seem that there are too many limitations on what they'll accept, mine doesn't seem to qualify. My netbook has a 10" screen, but they accept only a minimum of 11.3" for laptops. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version