ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (120/253) > >>

rgdot:
So if someone is on a Mac and wants to trial 10 without ever having 7 there is no trial?

MilesAhead:
So if someone is on a Mac and wants to trial 10 without ever having 7 there is no trial?
-rgdot (October 08, 2015, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't you have to load it into a VM anyway?  I never hears of Windows running directly on Macs.

rgdot:
No none of that. A left over formatted PC to install and trial 10 on it instead of getting another Mac or installing Linux (on the PC). It's fine if 10 has to be bought straight away but I just wondered because with 7 it seemed easier with more obvious links to download from.

MilesAhead:
No none of that. A left over formatted PC to install and trial 10 on it instead of getting another Mac or installing Linux (on the PC). It's fine if 10 has to be bought straight away but I just wondered because with 7 it seemed easier with more obvious links to download from.
-rgdot (October 08, 2015, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you ask around you might find someone who has some extra Tecnnet licenses for Windows 7 Pro lying around.  If you install Windows 7 Pro and activate it I am pretty sure then you can upgrade permanently to a free Windows 10 Pro.  Once you have the license key you should be able to download the Windows 7 Pro ISO image from MS.  A couple hundred bucks is a couple hundred bucks after all.  And many former Tachnet members have some licenses they will never use.

rgdot:
That's not a bad idea, will try that too thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version