ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (115/253) > >>

Deozaan:
While I suppose none of them are totally inaccurate, many of them seem reaching or misleading.

Especially: 8. Missing Media Center and DVD player

As I mentioned above, if you have Media Center, you should get the DVD Player app for free after your upgrade. The article doesn't mention that. It just says if you upgrade from 7 to 10, MC is gone, and if you downgrade back to 7, MC doesn't come back.

The others were just... like he was having a hard time time coming up with 10 reasons, but had to because that was the topic of the article.

"Don't do it ... because... um... you might not like tablet mode!"

"Don't do it... because... erm... you might have to do it manually if you don't want to wait until the bugs are worked out for systems like yours!"

"Don't do it... because... uh... something about Achilles."

Then again, he did say those are the best reasons he could think of, and that those reasons didn't stop him from upgrading to Windows 10. So he seems to agree with me that the reasons he listed are pretty lame excuses. :)

David1904:
Hi Ian,
Does the Sunset version work ok in New Zealand - eg GST reports?
If not, is there a free international version that will work?
I've had a bit of a look around, but can't seem to figure it out.
Thanks,
David

Sorry - I omitted to quote from your comment on MS Money, which I now realise was a couple of weeks ago

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

No more Windows 10 keys for Insiders; post-RTM installs must be on previously activated PCs

Arizona Hot:

When restarting Win 10 after the last update, I noticed that the taskbar clock showed while restarting, but disappeared or was suppressed when done. My best guess as to what is doing this is Classic Shell. Anyone else have any experience with this problem or have fixed it?

app103:
(see attachment in previous post)     (see attachment in previous post)
When restarting Win 10 after the last update, I noticed that the taskbar clock showed while restarting, but disappeared or was suppressed when done. My best guess as to what is doing this is Classic Shell. Anyone else have any experience with this problem or have fixed it?
-Arizona Hot (August 28, 2015, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check your DClock2 settings, under Options>Tray Clock and make sure Hide Clock isn't checked. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version