ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (95/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
It really is a weird feeling being unable to find AppData-Curt (July 29, 2015, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Use either of these:
go to: C:\Users\[username]\AppData

or from anywhere just put %AppData% in the address bar, hit enter and you're there.

I typically use the first one for remote machines, and the second one locally.

MilesAhead:
It really is a weird feeling being unable to find AppData-Curt (July 29, 2015, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Use either of these:
go to: C:\Users\[username]\AppData

or from anywhere just put %AppData% in the address bar, hit enter and you're there.

I typically use the first one for remote machines, and the second one locally.
-Stoic Joker (July 29, 2015, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or if the percent signs are a pita Winkey r then enter shell:appdata

Curt:
You seem to already have forgotten that I was reduced to being a simple user, not in command.

MilesAhead:
You seem to already have forgotten that I was reduced to being a simple user, not in command.

-Curt (July 29, 2015, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

What happens when you type it in?  You should still have a data folder unless you are Guest.

Deozaan:
I finally got Windows 10 to install by doing a fresh Windows 7 install and then downloading Windows 7 SP 1, then running the Windows 10 Media Tool and selecting "Upgrade this computer" and then I disconnected my computer from the internet after the Windows 10 data had downloaded so that it would skip all the "checking for updates" stuff that takes forever.

Also, since I was on a fresh install, I told the installer not to keep any of my files or programs or settings.

Aside: I accidentally typed "adn" in this message and Microsoft Edge autocorrected it to "and" for me. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version