ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (90/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hm... So I can either 'manually' download Windows 10, and have it now ... Or, I can wait for the reservation to take forever to get on with it.

Iiii'm gonna call that one a fail.

MilesAhead:
Did any Microsoft OS really hum out of the box? I think the only ones I know of are Win2000 and possibly Win98.
-TaoPhoenix (July 28, 2015, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seemed to me Windows 7 worked pretty well.  I don't remember pacing back and forth waiting for the SP1.  :)

At least for the 32 bit version.  I haven't installed the 64 bit on the metal yet.  Just in a VM.

Deozaan:
Hm... So I can either 'manually' download Windows 10, and have it now ... Or, I can wait for the reservation to take forever to get on with it.-Stoic Joker (July 29, 2015, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got a link to the manually downloaded ISO?

Curt:
I can either 'manually' download Windows 10, and have it now-Stoic Joker (July 29, 2015, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

-I am not sure you can do that, unless you are ready to "create a media".

My laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so in my mind I am depending on a normal installer, because their silent background installer doesn't work on my laptop. But I can't find a full, normal Windows 10 installer! All I could find was "Use the media creation tool to download Windows".

PS! >Tool includes:

File formats optimized for download speed.
    Built in media creation options for USBs and DVDs.
    Optional conversion to ISO file format.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
----------------

from my "Windows Update":

Deozaan:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10-Curt (July 29, 2015, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm currently downloading Windows 10 with that link. It allows you to "upgrade your computer now" or "create installation media to install Windows 10 on another computer" and the second option has an option for either ISO (CD/DVD) or USB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version