ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (87/253) > >>

Curt:
so, what's it like, this new Windows 10?
---------

------------
Maybe KB2952664 was the reason why Win 10 failed to install on my machine?
Maybe Win 10 was the reason why KB2952664 at first failed to install on Stoic Joker's machine?
I too needed several attempts before KB2952664 was installed properly!

Deozaan:
KB2952664 installed perfectly fine for me the first time I tried. It didn't give me any trouble.

Stoic Joker:
Maybe KB2952664 was the reason why Win 10 failed to install on my machine?-Curt (July 28, 2015, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

How did you get an upgrade prompt already?? Is it tomorrow in you part of the world?

KB2952664 installed perfectly fine for me the first time I tried. It didn't give me any trouble.
-Deozaan (July 28, 2015, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

As did mine appear to. Then it added itself to the list again, and again... If I have time I'll post a screen shot when I get home...the damn thing is quite literally listed in history as having been successfully installed five times (in a row).

Deozaan:
-Deozaan (July 28, 2015, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

As did mine appear to. Then it added itself to the list again, and again... If I have time I'll post a screen shot when I get home...the damn thing is quite literally listed in history as having been successfully installed five times (in a row).-Stoic Joker (July 28, 2015, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I checked for more updates multiple times after installing it and it isn't showing up again (yet). So we'll see what happens.

Maybe KB2952664 was the reason why Win 10 failed to install on my machine?-Curt (July 28, 2015, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

How did you get an upgrade prompt already?? Is it tomorrow in you part of the world?-Stoic Joker (July 28, 2015, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wondered that, too. But then I decided that maybe Curt hadn't yet even installed the "Reserve your Windows 10 today!" thing yet, and that it was that. If that wasn't clear, I mean maybe it's the update that makes the Windows 10 logo appear in the tray.

Curt:
... I decided that maybe Curt hadn't yet even installed the "Reserve your Windows 10 today!" thing yet, and that it was that. -Deozaan (July 28, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

-I did that on page 10 in answer no. 234  ;)

I don't think it's weird they began upgrading several hours before midnight; they are serving quite a lot of machines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version