ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (67/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Anyone know how to get Windows 10 to update immediately? I've checked for updates and it often says "We found updates, we'll download them later."-Deozaan (July 01, 2015, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've got 3 Win 10 VMs here at the office. One I'd left running and it had it (10158) ready to go yesterday morning. I just fired up one of the others, hit check for updates, and it came up with another newer build (10159) yesterday.

Maybe your check fell in between the build updates that were oddly (emergency?) close together?

Stoic Joker:
Wow, fancy new login screen in 10159 ... Looks like they're getting it ready for prime time.

TaoPhoenix:
I've got 3 Win 10 VMs here at the office. One I'd left running and it had it (10158) ready to go yesterday morning. I just fired up one of the others, hit check for updates, and it came up with another newer build (10159) yesterday.

Maybe your check fell in between the build updates that were oddly (emergency?) close together?
-Stoic Joker (July 01, 2015, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Odd version number too?

Stoic Joker:
Since one of our lab machines won't upgrade from 10130 (failed 3 times), I'm experimenting with this now:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-turn-your-windows-10-upgrade-into-an-iso/

Fairly quick and easy way to create a current ISO.

MilesAhead:
Since one of our lab machines won't upgrade from 10130 (failed 3 times), I'm experimenting with this now:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-turn-your-windows-10-upgrade-into-an-iso/

Fairly quick and easy way to create a current ISO.
-Stoic Joker (July 01, 2015, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, on TenForums that tool has been around for quite some time.  It sucks an iso out of the erd mess.  I ran it once and it worked.  What kills me on this laptop is doing stuff in a VM with all the file clutter when you first try to update or whatever, stuff barely runs.  Once I can clean out all the rubbish and defrag the VM and the host OS file system, then stuff is slow but at least it doesn't crash or stutter.  But it's too painful to really do anything.

A Windows 7 Vista or Linux a little bit different story.  The VMs run well enough to try them out a bit.  The HD in this is only a Sata II so that tends to make VMs slog.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version