ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (66/253) > >>

app103:
Oh FFS! ...The icon for their "All New" MS Edge browser, is a $^%#& Blue 'E'!!?! Seriously??!!??
-Stoic Joker (June 30, 2015, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

You have to understand what decades of a blue E has done to the minds of the simple users, the ones that the rest of us wonder how they ever managed to turn a computer on. To them, the blue E means the internet. That's all they know and understand. They won't be able to handle a change to another symbol. They would get lost and never be able to figure out where the internet is. They will flood ISP tech support hotlines asking where the internet went and how to get it back. As long as there is a blue E in sight, they will understand and click it, and life for them will transition to Win10 much easier.

Unless of course you would like to personally handle all their "missing internet" complaints?  :tellme:

Stoic Joker:
You have to understand what decades of a blue E has done to the minds of the simple users, the ones that the rest of us wonder how they ever managed to turn a computer on. To them, the blue E means the internet.-app103 (June 30, 2015, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

No it doesn't ... Those people still install the internet from their AOL CDs. While the rest of the middle ground have been quietly moved to Chrome by one of the myriad of Java updates.

MS wanted/needed to make a break from the past, and to distance their new baby from the stigma that is the 'Blue E' ... Which they just failed at completely IMO.

Deozaan:
But the letter e in that shade of blue with the curve just so is so unique that it's patented and trademarked and copyrighted and everything else. So the next time anyone else writes e in blue, Microsoft can sue them into oblivion!

Deozaan:
Anyone know how to get Windows 10 to update immediately? I've checked for updates and it often says "We found updates, we'll download them later."

Uh, no. Now is good for me, thanks. But I can't seem to find the option to force it to download now.

I'm on the fast ring, with "Delay Updates" disabled.

MilesAhead:
Anyone know how to get Windows 10 to update immediately? I've checked for updates and it often says "We found updates, we'll download them later."

Uh, no. Now is good for me, thanks. But I can't seem to find the option to force it to download now.

I'm on the fast ring, with "Delay Updates" disabled.
-Deozaan (July 01, 2015, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would also ask here:
http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/

Lots of people with multiple machines running various preview builds installed both through update and ISO images.  Plus the Main Mod Brink has a tutorial for just about everything.  He may chime in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version