ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (55/253) > >>

Curt:
KB 3035583 is in my optional updates since a few weeks now
Old-ish Win7 laptop-rgdot (June 09, 2015, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, mine was installed per 20'th of May, and is still installed. I don't know what I removed five days ago!

I have stopped worrying, as I assume version 10 is not installed without my prior acceptance?

Deozaan:
KB 3035583 is in my optional updates since a few weeks now
Old-ish Win7 laptop-rgdot (June 09, 2015, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, mine was installed per 20'th of May, and is still installed. I don't know what I removed five days ago!

I have stopped worrying, as I assume version 10 is not installed without my prior acceptance?-Curt (June 11, 2015, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

You have to reserve it first, then you'll get a notification letting you know when it's ready to install. Then you can choose when is convenient for you to make the upgrade.

Innuendo:
Well, I found a fix for those of us who the update notification stubbornly refused to show up. I have tried this method on both of my troublesome laptops and the notification popped up immediately after.

Just copy/paste the updated batch file at the top of this Microsoft Community web page into your text editor, save it, and run it from an Administrator-enabled command prompt.

Provided you have all the required updates already installed, when the script finishes, you'll have the icon you seek sitting in your taskbar.

Hope this helps.

Deozaan:
Well, I found a fix for those of us who the update notification stubbornly refused to show up. I have tried this method on both of my troublesome laptops and the notification popped up immediately after.

Just copy/paste the updated batch file at the top of this Microsoft Community web page into your text editor, save it, and run it from an Administrator-enabled command prompt.-Innuendo (June 14, 2015, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried that and it still wouldn't show up on my Netbook. Now I'm even more certain that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements.  :'(

Innuendo:
I tried that and it still wouldn't show up on my Netbook. Now I'm even more certain that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements.  :'(-Deozaan (June 15, 2015, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Netbooks are dastardly creations that are the bane of every person everywhere who has to support one of them. One of the criteria of manufacturing a netbook seemed to be to make it barely adequate to run the current Microsoft OS of the time and sometimes they didn't even do that.

I wouldn't have any sort of expectations that your netbook will be able to ever run anything except for the OS it left the factory with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version