ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (45/253) > >>

Deozaan:
You were certainly interested enough to reply immediately.
-Arizona Hot (June 01, 2015, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you missed the discussion about it that started yesterday?

I just got home and found my computer (Windows 7 x64) had rebooted after a BSOD, and I noticed a Windows logo in the tray which I had never seen before.

I clicked it and got a message about a free upgrade to Windows 10:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Anyone else seeing this?
-Deozaan (June 01, 2015, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

x16wda:
I have seen the offer on Windows 7 - but not on Windows 8.1, where I would actually consider updating...
-tomos (June 01, 2015, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just popped up on my Win 8.1 box during the day. I went ahead and opted in, I have full image backups. :-)

Hm, may need them. The box popped back up and after digging in it says the AMD Radeon HD 7660D video is "not fully compatible - you'll experience problems with your display."

That is not good. That's the on-motherboard junk that is working well enough for my two monitor system, but I already tried to replace it with an add-in R7750 card and the box just squawked at me. I better look into this again...

KynloStephen66515:
My everyone jumped on that one immediately! I hope everyone is still so excited when they get it installed.
-Arizona Hot (June 01, 2015, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say "Excited" would be the term to describe myself...Cautiously optimistic maybe.
-Stephen66515 (June 01, 2015, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

You were certainly interested enough to reply immediately.
-Arizona Hot (June 01, 2015, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's tech news...I love tech news, so of course I am going to reply to one of the biggest tech news stories of the week.

I have seen the offer on Windows 7 - but not on Windows 8.1, where I would actually consider updating...
-tomos (June 01, 2015, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just popped up on my Win 8.1 box during the day. I went ahead and opted in, I have full image backups. :-)

Hm, may need them. The box popped back up and after digging in it says the AMD Radeon HD 7660D video is "not fully compatible - you'll experience problems with your display."

That is not good. That's the on-motherboard junk that is working well enough for my two monitor system, but I already tried to replace it with an add-in R7750 card and the box just squawked at me. I better look into this again...

-x16wda (June 01, 2015, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Had a few friends say they have not got the notification on Windows 7 yet, but it popped up for me and my Mrs at the exact same time (Although, both laptops are same make/model/spec/OS/update version - Only difference is software installed).

KynloStephen66515:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2928286/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-what-you-need-to-know.html

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Here's how the Windows 10 reservation app works and how to remove it

Windows 10 pricing If you’re not upgrading, it’ll cost up to $199  Ars Technica

More food for the feeding frenzy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version