ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (44/253) > >>

ayryq:
In the Windows 10 Technical Preview, I've installed things using the regular .exe/.msi installers. I don't think I've even used the Windows Store in the preview.
-Deozaan (June 01, 2015, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

2nd that. I'm running one system (touchscreen laptop) on 8.1 and one (desktop) on 10 now - I never see the "metro" interface on 10 on desktop. Not even sure it's still there. There's a metro-like start menu (which you'll never see because you'll install "Classic Start Menu") and a few Modernish apps (like "Settings") that you'll need to use every once in a while. By and large the desktop on 10 is indistinguishable from 8.1 and in daily use it's identical. If I had to pick one word to describe the transition from 8.1 to 10 it'd be "uneventful." Which is probably exactly what Microsoft should be shooting for after the mess that was 8.0. Upgrading from 7 to 10 should be easier than from 7 to 8.

That said there are some things that still don't work right, like Cortana, and the People app.

Arizona Hot:
My everyone jumped on that one immediately! I hope everyone is still so excited when they get it installed.

KynloStephen66515:
My everyone jumped on that one immediately! I hope everyone is still so excited when they get it installed.
-Arizona Hot (June 01, 2015, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say "Excited" would be the term to describe myself...Cautiously optimistic maybe.

Arizona Hot:
-Arizona Hot (June 01, 2015, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say "Excited" would be the term to describe myself...Cautiously optimistic maybe.
-Stephen66515 (June 01, 2015, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

You were certainly interested enough to reply immediately.

KynloStephen66515:
http://i.imgur.com/t4sEQGb.webm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version