ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (40/253) > >>

MilesAhead:
I saw news articles today about Windows 10 release date & price being leaked. Here's one:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2928797/newegg-just-leaked-the-windows-10-price-and-release-date.html
-Deozaan (June 01, 2015, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Supposedly it is July 29.  We have a contest at TenForums.  I picked 26th of July.  A few days premature.  :)

rgdot:
Yes I am seeing July 29 in several places, for PCs. Time to reserve too I guess  :-\
Phones later I think.

TaoPhoenix:

Hmm. If the release date is July 29, that's not so far away!

The kinds of bugs people are reporting above bother me, because they feel so "simple". Last I knew the "mood", Win 7 was solid, Win 8 was taken over by the Interface discussions, so I was hoping by now the backbone of the OS is supposed to be really polished!

I'm especially keeping an eye that the 8.x updates were far from smooth! Summarizing my big posts elsewhere, I'm keeping an eye on Win10 for its "place in the timeline". But I'll have to decide what their timetable is, and whether if whatever they would call 10.1 with their rolling updates contains any bugfixes that sound really important.

MilesAhead:
Yes I am seeing July 29 in several places, for PCs. Time to reserve too I guess  :-\
Phones later I think.
-rgdot (June 01, 2015, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have never owned a phone with a camera.  The Wiki likely has my picture next to Troglodyte.  :)

MilesAhead:
But I'll have to decide what their timetable is, and whether if whatever they would call 10.1 with their rolling updates contains any bugfixes that sound really important.
-TaoPhoenix (June 01, 2015, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

What worries me is that they want to do everything using the Window Update.  That is just too much work if something blows up.  I even had several machines balk at installing ordinary service packs.  Never mind sifting through all the updates to see what to put on and what to leave out.  The descriptions are not very informative.  I feel like I am working for them at no pay when I start reading through all that stuff.  I try to stay away from Windows Update if at all possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version