ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (24/253) > >>

MilesAhead:
Now I have an excuse not to VM 10041.  I'll just wait for the 10049 ISO.  ;)

Stoic Joker:
Now I have an excuse not to VM 10041.  I'll just wait for the 10049 ISO.  ;)-MilesAhead (April 01, 2015, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

10041 went in just fine (update & clean), it's the jump to 10049 that's killing me. I left the update running last night, and it did a fail and rollback to 10041 again. But at least this time I got an error code (0x8000000A - 0x20003) to play with ... Yay (F...).

Stoic Joker:
Hm... Okay, after a bit of digging at the error code it appears to be a UEFI vs. BIOS issue. And since this is the first time I've tried playing with a .vhdx drive...which doesn't seem to want to let me get into the VM's BIOS...I'm thinking a switch to .vhd (where IIRC the BIOS shows up normally) should (should...) resolve the issue.

Testing theory now.

Stoic Joker:
(Notice timestamp of post above is/was ~8:00am this morning - And it's now ~3:00pm) Holy Galloping Horse Shit Batman!!! That took forever...but it did work using a .vhd, instead of a .vhdx.

Stoic Joker:
Posting this from the new Project Spartan browser in Windows 10 b10049 ... It's definitely fast. Really, really fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version