ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (23/253) > >>

Deozaan:
^^ have you tried turning off automatically install and just play until you turn off all the touch screen services stuff?  There was a post on Ten Forums helped me to get going.  It suggested turning off the services you don't use on a desktop such as touch screen and a couple of others. Maybe the GPS service?  I forget the ones other than Touch at the moment.

Edit: I'm not sure if that works.  My memory is a bit hazy exactly when I disabled the services.-MilesAhead (March 31, 2015, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not following. There is no "automatically install" option. There are no GPS or touch screen options. I'm trying to boot to the disk image. I get the BSOD before it even gets that far.

MilesAhead:
I'm not following. There is no "automatically install" option. There are no GPS or touch screen options. I'm trying to boot to the disk image. I get the BSOD before it even gets that far.
-Deozaan (March 31, 2015, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get you now.  Different can of worms.

Stoic Joker:
10049 Update Taking Forever!

While the 10041 update only took an hour or so ... Going from 10041 to 10049 has - so far - taken over 4 and a half hours ... With no end in sight.

Overall Progress is at 23%
Configuring Settings: done
Setting up: 78%
Applying settings: Yet 2 Go
Setting up a few more things: Yet 2 Go

Disk activity (single 6G/s SATA3 drive) on host machine (it's running in a Hyper-V VM) has been at 100% the entire time.

Stoic Joker:
Update: It finally finished, buy crashing, rolling back, and going up in flames.

FFFFuuuormat C:..

TaoPhoenix:
Update: It finally finished, buy crashing, rolling back, and going up in flames.

FFFFuuuormat C:..
-Stoic Joker (April 01, 2015, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh you're a braver man than I!
That's why I don't mess with preview builds - it seems MS does their "fit and polish" on the "last mile" which to me sounds really frustrating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version