ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (198/253) > >>

cranioscopical:
Creators Update:

Totally knocked out Bluetooth on my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX CODE mobo. (fixed)
Disabled my HP LaserJet claiming that it wouldn't work on a USB3 connection. Has never been connected to USB3, it's on USB2. (fixed)
On my Surface Book it froze the machine requiring an emergency boot routine (fixed)

As with most major updates it fixed a couple of niggling but weird issues that I'd been too lazy to track down.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced    Windows 10 Announced

Probably because I connect though Wi-Fi, this update was a multi-pass 12-hour download. I just love those ;). @Deozaan, this must be a later version of the FCU(it's Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64), not 1709 Build 16299.19).

wysiwyg125:
I've been very wary of Windows updates ever since the spring Creators Update bricked my Windows installation. Data was all fine but could not get it to boot.

Deozaan:
@Deozaan, this must be a later version of the FCU(it's Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64), not 1709 Build 16299.19).-Arizona Hot (November 16, 2017, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Fall Creators Update is 1709 Build 16299.x. Any higher number in the "x" slot just means you have more recent patches applied. After installing patches last Tuesday, I am also on build 16299.64. That said, even the 16299 number should increase over time before we get to the next major update. In essence, Microsoft learned from their past mistakes* and now downloads/installs the latest patch updates when installing the major updates.

*have you tried updating a fresh installation of Windows 7 lately?

Stoic Joker:
1709 through Windows Update killed my Hyper-V virtual switch. Couldn't find/delete the old one, and couldn't create a new one I had to dig up a MS FixIt to get the thing back online. But the FixIt did work ... It's apparently a fairly common problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version