ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (141/253) > >>

Deozaan:
With no pending updates, wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference between Home & Pro.
-4wd (December 20, 2015, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on Pro and have the latest version.

Did you defer updates?

4wd:
With no pending updates, wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference between Home & Pro.
-4wd (December 20, 2015, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on Pro and have the latest version.

Did you defer updates?-Deozaan (December 21, 2015, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

On the desktop x64 they are but I've just upgraded the netbook x86 (it doesn't have deferred updates) and it's now sitting at 10586.14 with no pending updates, same as the desktop.

Deozaan:
I have a netbook with Win10 Pro x86 on it ... and it's stuck at v10.0 Build 10240 with no pending updates.  Think I'll have to reinstall that.
-4wd (December 21, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

On the desktop x64 they are but I've just upgraded the netbook x86 (it doesn't have deferred updates) and it's now sitting at 10586.14 with no pending updates, same as the desktop.
-4wd (December 21, 2015, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

This reminded me to check my netbook. It is still on Build 10240, but Windows update says it has an update available for 1511 10586. It's currently downloading. I'll find out what version number it ends up at when it's done and report back.

4wd:
This reminded me to check my netbook. It is still on Build 10240, but Windows update says it has an update available for 1511 10586. It's currently downloading. I'll find out what version number it ends up at when it's done and report back.-Deozaan (December 22, 2015, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I upgraded it using the 10586.0 ISO and then let it update.

wraith808:
Microsoft really needs to stop trying to be "cute".

I opened my laptop this morning to the messages:

* "Hi."
* "We've Updated your computer"
* "All your files are right where you've left them"
* "We have some new features we are excited about" (something like that)
The bad thing?  "Hi" didn't stick around for long.  Neither did the second line.  After I looked up, I saw the third line.  And it stayed there, unresponsive for over 5 minutes!  Thankfully, I knew that I'd told it it could install, so it didn't freak me out too much.  But some people are going bonkers when that comes up, and doesn't give any other information.

Thankfully, I changed it so that it has to ask me in order to restart my computer for installs.  I was notified that it needed to restart, and scheduled it for 3:30 AM.  That sort of straddles the line between leaving it on, and giving them full carte blanche.

That message *did* scare me, however. 

Again, Microsoft needs to stop trying be "cute", and err on the side of being clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version