ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (140/253) > >>

IainB:
My Win 10-64 update occurred the other day.
The OS says it is now:

* Windows 10 Pro
* Version 1511
* Build 10586.0
After it had all installed and restarted several times, it couldn't do a proper restart and had also been crashing explorer and the Classic Start Menu. So I manually stopped it (all power off for 30 seconds) and started it, whereafter it seemed to behave itself.    :o

IainB:
Keyboard mapping:
Forgot to mention that the Win10 update also cleared all the remapped keys and restored the default/standard keyboard mappings. So I used Microsoft's remapkey.exe to reinstate my preferred keyboard mapping. The keyboard mapping set just fine - once I had forced the system restart (as above).

4wd:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

The latest v.1511 update.

-Arizona Hot (December 18, 2015, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, mine is stuck at:

With no pending updates, wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference between Home & Pro.

Arizona Hot:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

The latest v.1511 update.

-Arizona Hot (December 18, 2015, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, mine is stuck at:

With no pending updates, wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference between Home & Pro.
-4wd (December 20, 2015, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Win 10 computer had a 32-bit Win 7 on it before. Maybe that is the reason in the updates. You probably didn't know there is a 32-bit Win10.

I used ImgBurn yesterday to produce a hybrid DVD on the Win 10 for a relative with a video and a stills slideshow that could be played on a TV player and a DVD-ROM directory of the stills that could be loaded into a computer. When I started ImgBurn  I noticed this in the log screen:

Should I tell Microsoft or ImgBurn about this or both?

4wd:
You probably didn't know there is a 32-bit Win10.-Arizona Hot (December 21, 2015, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have a netbook with Win10 Pro x86 on it ... and it's stuck at v10.0 Build 10240 with no pending updates.  Think I'll have to reinstall that.

Should I tell Microsoft or ImgBurn about this or both?
--- End quote ---

ImgBurn author hasn't updated the program since 2013 when Win8 was the latest version, so all the program knows is that the OS is at least Win8.

BTW, 2.5.8.0 is the latest version of ImgBurn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version