ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (78/253) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Am I the only one for whom jump-list (both pinned and frequent) items on the File Explorer taskbar icon do not work? I "pin" all sorts of things and none of them—except "This PC"—open File Explorer or do anything. The same items in the "Quick Access" sidebar work fine, though. This has been the case for the last half-dozen builds or so… not quite sure when it started.

It's the sort of really frustrating bug that I'd think would have been commented on (and fixed) if it were common.
-ayryq (July 12, 2015, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let me rephrase. Can anyone confirm (or deny) that File Explorer jump lists work in their copy of Windows 10, any build?-ayryq (July 16, 2015, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've got 5 Win10 VMs running currently and they all work fine (both pinned and frequent).

ayryq:
Let me rephrase. Can anyone confirm (or deny) that File Explorer jump lists work in their copy of Windows 10, any build?-ayryq (July 16, 2015, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've got 5 Win10 VMs running currently and they all work fine (both pinned and frequent).
-Stoic Joker (July 16, 2015, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for replying. I wonder if I'm going to have to reinstall from scratch to fix this. Hope not!

Deozaan:
Is it just me or does 10240(?) no longer show the build number in the corner of the screen anymore? How am I supposed to know what build I'm on without that thing?  :(

--- End quote ---
-Stoic Joker (July 16, 2015, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for replying. I wonder if I'm going to have to reinstall from scratch to fix this. Hope not!
-ayryq (July 16, 2015, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine seem to work as well.

ayryq:
Is it just me or does 10240(?) no longer show the build number in the corner of the screen anymore? How am I supposed to know what build I'm on without that thing?  :(
Mine seem to work as well.
-Deozaan (July 16, 2015, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I booted into safe mode to see if the jump list worked (it didn't) and found a roundabout answer for you - in safe mode the build number is printed on the desktop, at top center.

Deozaan:
I found this link which says it's normal for build 10240 to not show the build watermark, and has instructions on how to find your version:

Next screen is Windows version screen. We can tell you the way to this application if you never tried earlier. Just type winver in Run box.-https://www.pyarb.com/windows/windows10/th1-professional-10240-windows-10-no-preview.html
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version