ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (242/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
It doesn't have App's features,
-Arizona Hot (November 27, 2020, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

What features are you referring to?
-app103 (December 07, 2020, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 10 Announced

The tools shown here. The app probably has others, but these are the ones I was thinking about.

app103:
It doesn't have App's features,
-Arizona Hot (November 27, 2020, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

What features are you referring to?
-app103 (December 07, 2020, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

[ Invalid Attachment ]

The tools shown here. The app probably has others, but these are the ones I was thinking about.

-Arizona Hot (December 08, 2020, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Go in the application folder and you will find an exe file for each of them that can be used without launching the clock. You can create shortcuts to them on your desktop or wherever else you want them. ;)

Alphasort and ToDo List are also available on my site, as stand alone apps.

Arizona Hot:
App103:  Thank you!

app103:
Old solutions for new problems....

I had an old Pentium I computer with a combo modem/soundcard that had issues staying connected to the internet when a system sound played (system would lock up just long enough to kick me offline), unless there was sound continuously flowing through the soundcard at all times. This meant playing music all the time, and usually keeping the speakers turned off if I didn't want to hear it, till I came across a small app capable of playing continuous low frequency tones that my cheap speakers were unable to produce. (25 Hz did the trick)

Flash forward to a couple of days ago, when a screwy Windows feature update, which I am unable to uninstall, messed up my bluetooth, so that no matter how I have the hardware settings configured, it turns Bluetooth off (to save power) when it thinks it is not in use. This is very BAD for a bluetooth mouse. I reported here about this issue in this thread, and was avoiding reinstalling that update for as long as possible, but Microsoft managed to automatically cram it down my throat when I recently rebooted my machine, despite having updates paused till some time in January.

BUT I noticed it doesn't cut off my mouse if I have sound playing through my bluetooth headphones. So, I am back to using that very old app, to generate a continuous 10 Hz tone, just so I can use my mouse.

Windows 10 Announced

I had to use the system volume mixer to set the volume of this app at a very low level, since my bluetooth headphones are capable of producing audible sound generated from this app, at even the lowest (10 Hz) setting.

Shades:
Let me begin by confessing that I own a pretty crap Bluetooth 60% keyboard (which looks like a Apple mini keyboard, and that is where all similarities end). A cheap Chinese rip-off, but I did buy a Bluetooth dongle to be able to use it with my desktop. When I use a wireless speaker, Bluetooth power saving mode doesn't activate. OK. I also own a Bluetooth Apple Macbook mouse. Also no problem with Bluetooth's power saving mode.

But with that keyboard, Bluetooth's power saving features would already occur within 10 seconds of inactivity. So not only do I understand the problem app103 experiences, I sympathize too.

Windows 10 Announced
However, disabling the setting shown in the image worked out well for my situation. Likely you (app103) have tried that setting already, but it might help others.

Come to think of it, you should disable the power saving feature from your (wired) network card too. Works exactly the same as shown in the image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version