ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (22/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Anyone want to chime in on Spartan?
-TaoPhoenix (March 31, 2015, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 10 Announced

Preview of Microsoft's Project Spartan available

MilesAhead:
Anyone want to chime in on Spartan?
-TaoPhoenix (March 31, 2015, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
Preview of Microsoft's Project Spartan available
-Arizona Hot (March 31, 2015, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

One person on Ten Forums mentioned it. Nobody else knows how to get it except for running leaked builds such as 10014(that's fourteen not fortyone.)

Deozaan:
The nice thing about Windows 10 is that it brought back the BSOD:

Windows 10 Announced

I get this when trying to boot from the disc image to install it in VM. I had this problem with the last preview image, but it's been so long since I installed it, I forgot how I worked around it. Maybe I should consult earlier posts in this thread to see if I left myself any hints.  :D

Deozaan:
I'm not sure what the solution was, to be honest.

I tried it with the 32-bit ISO and it warned me about needing to enable PAE, so I enabled it and got to the setup screen. Then I mounted the 64-bit ISO and rebooted my VM and it worked. So maybe I needed to enable PAE to get it to work?
-Deozaan (October 01, 2014, 11:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm using the same VM, but just trying to boot from the x64 ISO, so PAE is still enabled, and I'm still getting the BSOD. I tried disabling it and I still get the BSOD.

* Deozaan shrugs.

MilesAhead:
^^ have you tried turning off automatically install and just play until you turn off all the touch screen services stuff?  There was a post on Ten Forums helped me to get going.  It suggested turning off the services you don't use on a desktop such as touch screen and a couple of others. Maybe the GPS service?  I forget the ones other than Touch at the moment.

Edit: I'm not sure if that works.  My memory is a bit hazy exactly when I disabled the services.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version