ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (21/253) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
The Anti-Climax Known as Windows 10  John C. Dvorak  PCMag.com-Arizona Hot (March 27, 2015, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been waiting for years for someone to write The Anti-Climax Known as John C. Dvorak.
-Innuendo (March 29, 2015, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, not quite, John D "is his own climax". I just checked a couple of those articles, and basically if you put it in enough vitriolic biased language, you can make anything sound unbuyable! Let's try it!

"Well hell. Look at this $hit called ca$h. I mean it's F$cking paper that becomes almost unusable the minute it rains and you drop your wallet! Boom! Hundred buck$ down the drain. Almost literally. Well, it will sit there swirling until the dept of public works comes and bitches at your for making them spend an hour of billable time to clean it out of the drain holes. But tell ya what. I know a guy who knows a guy, so I'll take your ca$h right off you at a nice durable quarter on the $hitty dollar and give you either quarters, or on your debit card for a fee."

:D

TaoPhoenix:

Lazy blurb taken from Slashdot:

"Today Microsoft released a new Technical Preview build for Windows 10. Its most notable addition is Microsoft's new browser: Project Spartan."

Anyone want to chime in on Spartan?

MilesAhead:

Lazy blurb taken from Slashdot:

"Today Microsoft released a new Technical Preview build for Windows 10. Its most notable addition is Microsoft's new browser: Project Spartan."

Anyone want to chime in on Spartan?

-TaoPhoenix (March 31, 2015, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think I could give it a fair test in a VM.  Although I notice for some reason Windows x64 versions of Vista and W7 aren't all that slow in a VM on my Laptop.  But W10 I have to turn off a bunch of services to keep it from stalling.

I'll probably VM the new build today or tomorrow and take a look.

Stoic Joker:
I don't think I could give it a fair test in a VM.  Although I notice for some reason Windows x64 versions of Vista and W7 aren't all that slow in a VM on my Laptop.  But W10 I have to turn off a bunch of services to keep it from stalling.

I'll probably VM the new build today or tomorrow and take a look.
-MilesAhead (March 31, 2015, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

You could cheat and try dual booting to a .vhd for the 10 testing.

MilesAhead:

You could cheat and try dual booting to a .vhd for the 10 testing.
-Stoic Joker (March 31, 2015, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't want to take any chances doing anything I haven't done before.  This Laptop is all I have to work with for now.  I used to do a lot of multi-boot stuff on MBR systems but with UEFI and GPT my experience is obsoleted.  :)

One of these days I'll get a real workbench set up along with closets to pile, er, store, hardware not currently in use. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version