ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (202/253) > >>

Shades:
another new development is rising on the Windows 10 front....

http://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/151582/exclusive-windows-10-s-dead-long-live-s-mode

What would the S stand for?
Simple?
Simpleton?
Scandal?
Scoundrel?
Segregated?
"Special"?
Stupid?
Stinker?
Skool? (tibe error made on purpose)
Semi-functional?
Silly?
Sad?
Shoddy?
Shifty?
Shady?
Sinful?
Sorry?
Sorrow?
Suffer?
Sickening?
Somber?
Substandard?
Synthetic?
Slumped?
Startling?
Stirring?
Spanking?

If you managed to read this far, you will have grokked by now that I'm not a fan.

wraith808:
Store would seem the likely answer.

rgdot:
Windows Switch (to Linux)  :P

IainB:
@Shades:
...Here is to hoping. After being exposed to Android for a while now, I would be more than happy to get a new Windows phone again.

[rant]
Really, some UI steps that Google puts into Android are an abomination. And is it really that difficult for Google to remove 1 device from your list of approved devices? Instead you must eliminate all devices and re-register each device one by one....ff-ing amazing job, Google! I wonder how many people are bothered enough to do this. But it would be a safe assumption to state that most people just say: 'F... this' and don't do anything. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of your "security".

Seriously, the person(s) who thought this to be a good UI design, deserve to be taken behind the shed (and their final thought to be: "Aha, so that is how a functional UI works on the device that is putting this bullet in my head").
[/rant]
-Shades (February 04, 2018, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, quite agree. Couldn't have put it much better if I had tried.   :Thmbsup:

4wd:
[rant]Really, some UI steps that Google puts into Android are an abomination. And is it really that difficult for Google to remove 1 device from your list of approved devices? ...-Shades (February 04, 2018, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this the same as logging into your account, selecting Sign in & security -> Device activity & notifications -> Recently used devices (a relative term) -> Review devices -> select a device and click Remove ?

Or do you mean removing a device from 2-Step Verification exclusion (ie. Trusted device) where you only have a choice of Revoke All (FWIW, I don't have any on any of my Google accounts) ?

Or is this some other area of your Google account?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version