ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Automated web launcher

<< < (2/2)

Contro:
The difficult part is the requirement to detect any browser launch, then check date and time against your rule set.  It would be much easier to run a program that launched any browser you want with the set of urls.

Note that as far as I know IE still has the bug where it will open multiple urls from the command line in multiple windows even if set to open urls in tabs. To get IE to work correctly the program would have to use the IE ActiveXControl.

I know there are some scripts on ahk forum that use it.  Have you taken a look there?

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/forum/49-scripts/

http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=e0954777386d558401f8a4dd043e2244

-MilesAhead (October 03, 2014, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Running to take a good look

Understood I have to use a script to launche the browser and not in reverse....

:-*

MilesAhead:
There's a macro program included with BrowserBunch, BBSS.exe.  When the tabs you want are in a browser, make the browser the active window anf hit the hotkey.  It saves all the urls to a text file.  You can name it anything with a .txt extension, such as '
tuesdayUrls.txt or whatever.  In W7 and later you can pin BrowserBunch to the Taskbar and pin these text session files to it.  To launch the one you want, right click BrowserBunch Taskbar icon and click the file.

I think there's also a FF extension that saves the addresses of all open tabs to a text file one url per line.  That may also work with BrowserBunch.  I forget the name of the AddOn at the moment.

Contro:
There's a macro program included with BrowserBunch, BBSS.exe.  When the tabs you want are in a browser, make the browser the active window anf hit the hotkey.  It saves all the urls to a text file.  You can name it anything with a .txt extension, such as '
tuesdayUrls.txt or whatever.  In W7 and later you can pin BrowserBunch to the Taskbar and pin these text session files to it.  To launch the one you want, right click BrowserBunch Taskbar icon and click the file.

I think there's also a FF extension that saves the addresses of all open tabs to a text file one url per line.  That may also work with BrowserBunch.  I forget the name of the AddOn at the moment.

-MilesAhead (October 04, 2014, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Miles. Seems BrowserBunch can use any browser. So is more interesting, initially , than any addon for a single browser

Best Regards

MilesAhead:
The filter input box that comes up may seem annoying but say I want to open a tab file with the default browser.  I just hit Enter twice(assuming you OKd when asked to set the default browser as the leftmost default button.)  For that reason I didn't make an option to bypass it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version