ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Win9 will be FREE!

<< < (12/16) > >>

app103:
And then there is this: http://gizmodo.com/windows-10-may-have-gotten-its-name-because-of-lazy-cod-1641383218

Blames the skipping of 9 on "lazy coders" that detected any windows version beginning with 9 as win9x.

Sounds like someone was trolling to me, because any coder that has ever written code to detect Windows version knows that example code wouldn't never work, because Win95/98/ME version number begins with 4 and not 9.  ;)

rgdot:
^ Sounds more like an April 1 article  :P

TaoPhoenix:
Another funny theory from me: "Hey, if Apple started owning the world with OS X, can't we have a "10" too? Pleeze?"
:D

Deozaan:
How'd you get it to install? It crashes my VirtualBox VM during boot.-Deozaan (October 01, 2014, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I installed a 32-bit copy in a 64-bit Windows 8.1 Hyper-V VM. From initial boot to desktop was just a bit over 5 minutes. While it runs just fine, I was rather disappointed that the sound card didn't work. Now I've learned to expect that out of a Linux distro ... But Windows on Windows??? Yeish!
-Stoic Joker (October 01, 2014, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK. I guess I'll try a 32-bit ISO. . .

Stoic Joker:
Sounds like someone was trolling to me-app103 (October 01, 2014, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - Definitely trolling:

--- Code: C++ ---typedef struct _OSVERSIONINFOEX {  DWORD dwOSVersionInfoSize;  DWORD dwMajorVersion;  DWORD dwMinorVersion;  DWORD dwBuildNumber;  DWORD dwPlatformId;  TCHAR szCSDVersion[128];  WORD  wServicePackMajor;  WORD  wServicePackMinor;  WORD  wSuiteMask;  BYTE  wProductType;  BYTE  wReserved;} OSVERSIONINFOEX, *POSVERSIONINFOEX, *LPOSVERSIONINFOEX;
...That ain't no string search. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version