ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Win9 will be FREE!

<< < (11/16) > >>

wraith808:
This is hilarious...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2613504/microsoft-windows/microsoft-windows-microsoft-skips-too-good-windows-9-jumps-to-windows-10.html
-wraith808 (October 01, 2014, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please note that that was an April Fool's article from 2013!

They thought they were being silly, but they were prophetic!
-Deozaan (October 01, 2014, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my point... but less well stated :)

wraith808:
Boy, I've cut down a lot on what news I follow over the years.  i think I may cut out a whole bunch of tech news.  These articles about new devices and new features and stuff are really making me  :-\.

So all this news about windows 10.  ok.  All they've really done is change the start button so it's now even bigger with tiles showing.  One programmer.  One day.  Let's say 10 programmers, one month.

What else?  built-in multiple desktops?  ok.  windows users have had third party tools forever, so who really cares?  I can't criticize it too much, of course, they are just addressing the (quite stupid) complaints of users who say windows has nothing while apple has all these great software built into the OS.

This move away from the windows third-party tools is still troubling to me.  It's making me keep an eye out on Linux. 
-superboyac (October 01, 2014, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's more than that there.  In fact, there's enough more that I can't really summarize in a post.  Read a few of the articles.  And I'm sure there's more than that under the hood.

Cuffy:
Boy, I've cut down a lot on what news I follow over the years.  i think I may cut out a whole bunch of tech news.  These articles about new devices and new features and stuff are really making me  undecided.

--- End quote ---

Confusing isn't it  :huh:
I've been reading comments from readers in all the posts about the releases and non-releases, what it is and what it ain't, when and how, do it or don't it, and so much more, for several hours.
I can't come to a conclusion; I don't know what the question is  :huh:
I ran across one comment that comes about as close as possible to the right answer and sums up the situation at Microsoft and the rest of the world for that matter  :tellme:
We read the old quotations, "This too will pass", and thousands of others, and take solace, but this is about as profound as it gets in my mind.
We have THE answer  :huh: Take comfort  :P

"My God, they talk about "apps", not "programs", this scares me!
And, this idea of jumping a number is the most depressing thing in the
history of marketing"

I think Microsoft now knows what they have to do  :D
When you hear the voice of the people and realize what democracy means you are left with a warm feeling in your gut  :-[
Have a nice day  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
How'd you get it to install? It crashes my VirtualBox VM during boot.-Deozaan (October 01, 2014, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I installed a 32-bit copy in a 64-bit Windows 8.1 Hyper-V VM. From initial boot to desktop was just a bit over 5 minutes. While it runs just fine, I was rather disappointed that the sound card didn't work. Now I've learned to expect that out of a Linux distro ... But Windows on Windows??? Yeish!

Josh:
ISO Site Direct Link (Microsoft.com)

Product Key: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version