ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Select Copy - Auto-copy selected text

(1/4) > >>

c.gingerich:
This is a work in progress but I wanted to get some feedback.

Select Copy is a small program that will auto-copy selected text to your Windows clipboard without having to press the Ctrl+C key. You can also paste from the clipboard using your middle mouse button if you have one. Read the readme.txt file for more information.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. As I said it is a work in progress and there will be bugs.

http://cgs.vdsworld.com/click.php?id=68

MilesAhead:
I'm trying it out now.  It seems like the idea is to select with mouse dragging left to right?  Because if I go right to left I don't get the tooltip saying "copied."

Also middle click paste it is hard to tell if SelectCopy misses it because so many other programs hook it.  I closed my catch all AHK script to avoid hotkey conflicts but many editors use middle mouse for auto scroll etc..

Also it might be a cool idea to keep a buffer of clipboard text so that one undo is possible.  Like I have something in clipboard and forget to hold the shift key while doing a "search google for..." etc..

I like the concept if it can be used smoothly.

What I noticed on middle mouse button.. I would click in an editor with no paste.  Repeating the click once or twice it would usually start pasting.

Edit:  I'm on Windows 8.0 x64 and use Firefox based browsers.  Editor tests were EditPad Lite 7 and notepad.

MilesAhead:
For what it's worth I did a similar thing limited to certain browsers.  After dragging the mouse to select I kept the mouse button down,then pressed and released the shift key.  If copy succeeded it sounded a tone.  It's less versatile but also has fewer conflicts.  :)

Edit:  If you can get it to work in most everything I'd love to use it.  I can always comment out my mouse drag function.   :Thmbsup:

c.gingerich:
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't put too much into it yet, just mainly wanted it for myself :-) It should work no matter which way you select.

I'll look into seeing if I can add a buffer for an undo and I'll look into the middle button paste issue. I did notice that on my system also sometimes, not sure what is causing that.

Thanks again!

c.gingerich:
Here is an update - Tried to fix the middle button paste and select issue. Please let me know.

http://cgs.vdsworld.com/click.php?id=68

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version