ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Kevin Mitnick Is Now Selling Zero-Day Exploits

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
app103 is following my line of thought here. Hacking is considered to be an act of terrorism under modern American law. It's just a matter of time before one of his clients does something illegal with what he sold them and he'll be looking down the barrel of being charged as a terrorist.

It's amazing how some of the smartest people can also be among the stupidest.
-Innuendo (September 27, 2014, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hold on... He's selling to governments... By definition they cannot do anything "illegal". They're always right and moral and good and virtuous and puppy dogs and flowers and loveliness and virtue.

Are you suggesting that governments can be capable of criminal activity????

That's simply absurd!!!

Can a government be a terrorist?

Oh, I'm so shocked! It's just not possible!

Because...

This.

Yeah. Pretty much that. ;)

I'm sure as heck not going to defend Mitnick. But I sure as heck won't defend or excuse his clients either.

SeraphimLabs:
Just the fact that he is making a profit from exploiting other people's systems is very highly questionable- I would have to read through a few software licenses to see if that aspect is even legal.

But he might make a profit regardless, its just a question of legality and morality of this type of activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version