ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (57/65) > >>

40hz:
This is a little specialized and directed at bass players, modders and builders.

A gentleman in Germany who goes by the name of Cadfael has published in PDF format (and free of charge), a labor of what can only be described as love. He modestly calls it his Small Collection of Schematics for Passive Electric Basses.

I'm not sure what's small about it. It contains over 350 different wiring diagrams and schematics (historic and modded) for wiring, repairing, or rewiring an electric bass guitar. And it runs to 487 pages in its current (and probably last) incarnation.

This is a truly valuable resource and is very professionally done. Nothing like the usual half-assed and frequently inaccurate diagrams you'll find in most guitar wiring collections. The text is in German. But it's easy enough to follow. And where it isn't, a quick and dirty translation via Google or another online translation site will do ya. There's not a lot that needs be said most times since wiring diagrams and schematics are fairly standardized worldwide.

Here's a sample of what you can expect at 50% actual size:

Do we have any musical people on DC?

To visit his English page (download link for PDF is at the bottom of the page) look here.

Edvard:
Very nice!  Reminds me of the Artec general wiring book for guitar, which though limited in scope, the diagrams are well laid-out and handy as a basic reference when repairing an off-the shelf axe.  I just wish it was as full-featured as Mr. Cadfael's, though.  :(
http://www.artecsound.com/wiring/wiring_book01.pdf

wraith808:
A bad year for music.  First Bowie, and now Prince.  Two innovators in music in the same year.   :(

40hz:
A bad year for music.  First Bowie, and now Prince.  Two innovators in music in the same year.   :(
-wraith808 (April 21, 2016, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

So it goes.…

And for some odd reason, I get the feeling that the bad news for 'this year in music' isn't over yet.

Hope I'm wrong about that.

tomos:
-wraith808 (April 21, 2016, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

wow, that was a surprise  :(

EDIT// realised that might have sounded a bit flippant. I really was stunned by that one, I guess because of his age, and not having heard of any illness etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version