ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (25/65) > >>

tjbray:
@40hz: I just listened to the tone test Superboyac posted, that'll save me a few bucks down the road.
On that same note, I thought we should pass along that Guitar Fetish has a small supply of the Epiphone "Lucille" rotary switches with 5 or 6 different valued capacitors. A sure way to extract a slew of different tones from your guitar (though I hope they have enough in stock for me to pick up a few after Christmas.)

40hz:
@tj - same here! Thx for the heads-up. :Thmbsup:

And here's the schematic in case we miss it: ;D

Do we have any musical people on DC?

If you're into tenor or cigarbox guitars, G.B. Gitty Crafter Supply now offers 3 and 4-string adjustable hardtail chrome  bridges for very reasonable prices:

"Changes everything" doesn't begin to describe what this will do for this sort of project.

GB is a good source for inexpensive parts for homebrew instruments. :Thmbsup:

Vurbal:
^ That shop looks handy just for the cigar boxes.

40hz:
.^ That shop looks handy just for the cigar boxes.
-Vurbal (December 14, 2014, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

They have some fun stuff. Nothing too expensive - plus some things you won't find most other places. I've bought from them before and have been very happy with their products and service.

BTW, it's amazing how good some people can make these little 3-string cigarbox guitars sound. Like Brook Williams when he does the old blues standard On Top of the World:

8)

theGleep:
@TJBray - I'll look forward to getting the forms (Might even have them already - haven't checked my messages). 

And I'll plan to do the airbrush thing...we've mentioned my patience deficiency, right?  But I'll be doing the work in my basement...probably really dusty, but I can actually *do* it :)  I'll just expect to have to sand dust bumps out.

If I'm airbrushing, should I maybe even go with a thinner mix?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version