ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (17/65) > >>

40hz:
Great version!  Who is Maria Muldaur??
-superboyac (December 04, 2014, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope so. She wrote the bloody thing! ;D

Maria Muldaur is the bluesy vocalist (and little heartthrob) from the 70s that had the big hit Midnight at the Oasis.

This is her (on the left) with another (even more talented) vocalist from the same era you may also not recognize: ;)

Do we have any musical people on DC? and sitting between a couple of famous ladies>>> Do we have any musical people on DC?

For those too young to know(1) Maria Muldaur and Linda Ronstadt. (2) Bonnie Raitt, Maria Muldaur, Linda Ronstadt

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
I don't think a Cassandra Wilson comes along every other week.
-MilesAhead (December 03, 2014, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have exquisite taste Miles! I'm a big fan of hers. :Thmbsup:

Dave Mckenna is a new discovery for me and has blown me away.  I have always wanted such a balance of virtuosity, accessibility, and rhythm.
-superboyac (December 02, 2014, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really nice SB! I'm gonna have to add him to my listen list. Thx for the find! :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
Love that picture, 40.  Linda, Bonnie, and this girl Maria...3 great vocalists in one pic.  I had a whole phase of Linda, then Bonnie, so i guess I'm up for the third!

Vurbal:
Yay! The 5 pack of replacement fuses for my amp came a day early - and with an extra 5 fuses.

Sorry, I'll let you get back to discussing awesome female vocalists.  Oh yeah, and while we're on the subject, let's not forget the late, great Sandy Denny.

40hz:
^One of the truly lovely voices of the 20th century.

"Sandy"
Alexandra Elene MacLean Denny
           1947 - 1978

Where indeed?

Vaya con Dios, Sandy...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version