ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do we have any musical people on DC?

<< < (24/65) > >>

superboyac:
There are few music videos that have made me happier or feel more vindicated about something than this one. Capacitor types are something I have gotten into more pointless arguments over than anything else. The conclusion Joe Gore reaches is the same conclusion that I had reached years ago when it came to the tone capacitor type when used in passive guitar wiring.

Some interesting comments on the video can be found on Joe's webpage here.

-40hz (December 10, 2014, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
His faces!  Hilarious!
Yes, i'm beginning to confirm BS on 90% of this audiophile stuff.  I'm pretty skeptical about anything not involving noise/hiss/distortion or something obvious like that.  But maybe I need to listen to them on better headphones.  Like these!  only roughly $10k for the headphones and required amp:
Do we have any musical people on DC?

I'm also observing that those who claim to hear things that I can't are also more *superstitious* than I am as well.

40hz:

I'm also observing that those who claim to hear things that I can't are also more *superstitious* than I am as well.
-superboyac (December 12, 2014, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

At least you were polite enough not to mention their webbed feet. ;D

tjbray:
@theGleep: this is concert weekend for us, so I haven't been able to get on here. Your calculations are right, one good thing about going brushless is you won't have the  brushstroke issues, so you will sand off far less  waste than I do. I, too, have a patience deficiency, and when the time is available for me to work on a guitar, I can't rely on Ohio weather, so I just resolve to brush and sand my way to completion!
Expect the first coats to dry quickly. Even with a brush, the alcohol evaporates very quickly, and I'm  able to recoat  in an hour. I like to give the shellac extra time to cure before sanding ng. With my multiple  coats of 10-12, I wait a week. With an airbrush, you will be able to sand in a day, two tops.
I haven't had time to touch my project since last posting, and it's KILLING me!!!!

If you're interested in how my son's Skynyrd/Allman Brothers first show went (at the school, really more of a dress rehearsal), the Mason School of Rock page on Facebook has videos posted. He's the really tall guitarist on the far right on "Sweet Home Alabama" in the white flannel with blue/black stripes. Oh, the outright beautiful Les Paul style guitar he's using? I only wish I could claim building it! It's a Raven West Guitar. I am going to overhaul it this spring, however. Stainless frets, all new gold hardware, Page style wiring with a kill switch hidden under the pickguard for that staccato effect. Maybe a stainless guitar nut as well. My guitars I make nuts out of fret material, kinda my 'thing.'

I'm going to try to send you a copy of the forms I currently use for builds after I clean the bird cages to see if you think they can be put on a computer or tablet type program, even iphone for that matter. If I don't get to it today, I'll try to get it sent on Monday (I need to switch to a laptop!)

superboyac:

-superboyac (December 12, 2014, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

At least you were polite enough not to mention their webbed feet. ;D
-40hz (December 13, 2014, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Argh!  I don't get the reference.  You know how many hours of google research your posts have caused me over the years??
So...webbed feet, what is that?  A reference to luck?

40hz:
^Actually it's just a lame joke on my part. I was inferring they're mutants. Sorry. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version